Welcome, Kuali Bakers! This time, we are showcasing all the most ‘terer’ Malaysian-themed burnt cheesecake submissions here! To enter our giveaway, all you need to do is serve up your most ‘terer’ Malaysian-themed burnt cheesecake using Anchor Cream Cheese, which is the key ingredient to a yummylicious silky burnt cheesecake. Read our full instructions here to win! This recipe is courtesy of Roshni Sher for the “Burnt Cheesecake, Let’s Make It Malaysian-lah!” Contest.
- 1kg Anchor Cream Cheese
- 7 Eggs Grade A
- 230gm Castor Sugar
- 25gm Corn Flour
- 400ml Whipping Cream
- 100ml Coconut Cream
- 350gm Durian Flesh or Paste
- Beat cream cheese using medium speed until smooth. Do not forget to scrap in between.
- Add in castor sugar and corn flour and continue beat until texture are smooth and creamy.
- Add in egg one at a time, continue mixing until well combined.
- Add in whipping cream and stop mixing. Use spatula to fold in batter.
- Divide the batter into 2-part, 1 part leave it to original flavor, another part mix with Durian Flesh and Coconut Cream, optional you may add lemon yellow coloring.
- Mix well the Durian batter, until well combined. You may use mixer to mix or may just hand fold the batter.
- Line 9” cake tin with parchment paper, then pour the prepared mixture bit by bit starting with original flavor and alternate with durian flavor. (Bit by bit alternately until you finish layering).
- Using top and bottom heat, bake in preheated oven at 200°C for 1 hour 10 minutes.
- You may notice the top part of your burnt cheesecake is in swirl pattern after baked. This is due to the layering steps used.
- Once cake cools down, keep in chiller overnight. Enjoy!