This recipe is courtesy of Anchor Dairy.
Watch how Chef Ichiro make this recipe in this video here
This recipe is best with
- Pineapple Filling:
- 300g fresh pineapple, minced
- 60g gula melaka
- 2-3 pcs clove
- 30g lemon juice
- 20g Anchor Unsalted Butter
- Sable Cookie Dough:
- 227g Anchor Unsalted Butter
- 110g icing sugar
- 5g vanilla essence
- 70g ground almond
- 56g egg (1 nos)
- 310g all purpose flour, sifted
- Pineapple Buttercream:
- 100g castor sugar
- 30g water
- 60g egg whites
- 3g lemon juice
- 50g pineapple jam
- 180g Anchor Unsalted Butter, room temp
- adequate amount of popping candy
- In a sauce pot, add pineapple, gula melaka, clove and lemon juice bring to boil and allow it to simmer until thick and sticky. Stir occasionally.
- Once done, turn off heat and stir in butter. Remove from stove and allow the pineapple filling to cool completely
- Combine Anchor Unsalted Butter with icing sugar.
- Add vanilla essence and whole egg, mix until emulsify.
- Add ground almonds, followed by sifted all purpose flour and mix until just combine and no dry flour visible.
- Wrap dough and flatten out, chill for 1 hour.
- Roll sable dough into 3mm thickness, freeze for 30mins until completely firm.
- Cut with cookie cutter, stamp an initial with desired stamp with red coloring, bake at 150°C for 12-15mins.
- First prepare Italian meringue, boil water and sugar to 120C
- While waiting, whip the egg white with lemon juice until soft peak. When sugar comes to temperature, drizzle in from the side while continue to whisk on medium high speed until stiff peak. Continue whisking in medium speed until meringue is warm to touch but not hot. (26°C-28°C)
- Gradually add butter into meringue, whisking it all time until everything emulsify before adding butter. Transfer to piping bag when done.
- Pipe a circle pineapple buttercream on cookie, insert 5g of pineapple filling in the middle, sprinkle popping candy, then sandwich with another piece of cookie, enjoy!