This simple and easy recipe for Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies uses readily available ingredients from home.
This recipe is best with
- 175g butter
- 80g soft brown sugar
- 35g caster sugar
- 1tbsp Kahlua liqueur(optional)
- 2 egg yolks
- 2tbsp fresh milk
- 50g semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 25g plain chocolate (grated)
- 20g almond nibs (roasted)
- 135g quick cooking oats (blended into a coarse texture)
- Sifted together:
- 170g superfine flour
- 20g cocoa powder
- 1/2tsp baking powder
- 1/2tsp bicarbonate of soda
- Line cookie trays with nonstick or parchment paper. Preheat oven to 170°C.
- Cream the butter and sugars until light. Beat in the Kahlua (if using), egg yolks and milk.
- Stir in the chocolate chips, grated chocolate and almond nibs.
- Add oatmeal and the sifted dry ingredients. Fold in gradually and mix into a dough.
- Take pieces of dough the size of a small lime and place on the cookie tray spacing them well apart to allow room for spreading.
- Using the back of a fork, press down lightly on each cookie dough to mark and flatten it slightly.
- Bake for about 20 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Cool on wire rack before storing in airtight containers.