- 175g margarine
- 175g castor sugar
- 3/4 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 large egg
- 50ml UHT milk
- 180g plain flour
- 3/4 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 75g quick cooking rolled oats
- 75g raisins
- 30g chopped pecans or any nuts
- Grease baking trays lightly with margarine and preheat oven at 190°C.
- Beat margarine, sugar and essence until light in colour, then add in the egg. Beat in the milk until well blended.
- Stir in the flour and bicarbonate of soda and add oats, raisins and nuts to combine.
- With the use of two teaspoons, shape the dough into balls.
- Place the balls on prepared trays, spacing them well apart. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden-brown and cooked.