This recipe is best with
- 200g butter
- 150g soft brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp evaporated milk
- 100g superfine flour
- 60g self-raising flour
- 60g oats
- 75g cornflakes, coarsely crushed
- 1 bowl cornflakes, coarsely crushed for garnishing
- Line baking trays with greased baking paper.
- Cream butter, brown sugar and salt until light and creamy. Beat in evaporated milk until well combined.
- Sift the superfine flour and self-raising flour together and stir into the creamed mixture with a metal spoon. On the lowest speed, beat in oats and cornflakes for 30 to 40 seconds or until well mixed.
- Roll out dough in between two plastic sheets to 0.5cm thick. Cut into small squares with a fluted knife. Lift up the pieces of dough and press in some extra crushed cornflakes to garnish.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 175°C for 15 to 20 minutes or until firm. Cool for one minute in the tray before transferring onto wire racks to cool.