Smoked salmon ideas? Check out this new idea where you use smoke salmon as spread. Bake a batch of crackers and present them along with tasty toppings in a squeeze tube. Your buddies will love this cool idea. This recipe is courtesy of Crystal Chan of Patisserie Rui and was first published in Flavours magazine.
- 2g salt
- 100ml water
- 200g flour
- 40ml butter, melted
- Orange cream cheese spread
- zest, from 1 orange
- 180g cream cheese
- 75g sugar
- 1tbsp lemon juice
- Smoked salmon cream cheese spread
- 150g cream cheese
- 50g smoked salmon
- 3-5g dill, chopped
- 1-2tbsp cream, to thin down mix
- salt and pepperto taste
- To make dough: Dissolve salt in water. Make a well in the flour and pour in the salted water.
- Mix into a dough, then add in melted butter; knead until smooth. Wrap and chill for about 2 hours.
- Roll out the dough as thinly as possible and cut into desired shapes.
- To bake: Preheat the oven to 180°C. Arrange the crackers in a baking tray lined with greaseproof paper. Bake at 170°C for about 15 minutes, or until the crackers are lightly browned.
- To make spreads: Combine all ingredients for orange cream cheese spread in a blender. Blend until smooth. Repeat for smoked salmon cream cheese spread.