This recipe is best with
- 150g Caster Sugar
- 45g Water
- 250g Anchor UHT Full Cream Milk
- 50g Anchor UHT Whipping Cream
- 75g Caster Sugar
- 3 Whole Eggs
- In a medium saucepan, cook sugar and water at medium heat until dark golden brown colour. Immediately remove from the heat and pour the hot caramel into the bottoms of the ramekins (4 inch), portioning it equally. Set aside and let it harden.
- Preheat Oven at 150 °C.
- In a small pot, heat Anchor Full Cream Milk and Anchor Whipping Cream together.
- In a medium bowl, use a hand whisk to combine eggs and sugar together.
- Gradually whisk in the hot mixture into the egg mixture. Then strain.
- Pour the custard into the prepared ramekins.
- Place the ramekins in a tray with water bath and bake for 1 hour 30 minutes or until the custard is set. Remove from oven and cool down. Keep in the fridge at least 4 hours or even overnight.
- To unmould, run a slim knife around the edge of each ramekins to loosen the custard. Then invert on a plate.