- Rinse the groundnuts, then drain them well. Put the nuts in a mixing bowl and break the egg over them and stir in the seasoning to mix. Leave aside for 10 minutes.
- Combine both types of flour together with the Five Spice powder and chilli powder in a large mixing bowl. Tip in the seasoned nuts and toss well until they are well coated with the flour mixture.
- Put the nuts into a plastic colander and shake to remove any excess flour coating.
- Heat enough oil in a wok and deep-fry the nuts in 2-3 batches over a gentle low heat until the nuts are crispy. Remove the nuts onto several layers of absorbent paper towels to remove excess oil.
- Cool completely before storing in airtight jars.
You may also like