- Drain the mung beans well and steam over rapidly boiling water for 25-30 minutes. Mash or blend in a food processor into a fine paste without adding water.
- Combine thick coconut milk with sugar in a wok. Cook over medium low heat for 2-3 minutes, stirring all the time until sugar dissolves.
- When syrup starts to thicken, stir in mung bean paste and salt. Cook until the paste is almost dry.
- Form mung bean paste filling into small balls and set aside.
- Put pearl sago in a strainer and wash under running tap water, then drain well and soak in 200ml water for 5-6 minutes.
- Drain well again and mix sago with salt and sugar in a mixing bowl.
- Divide sago into equal portions. Wrap a ball of sweet mung bean filling inside a portion of sago mixture. Seal the edges then press down lightly into a patty.
- Lightly oil the patties and place on a tray. Steam for 10 minutes or until transparent. Brush lightly with corn oil again.
You may also like