- Add all ingredients in a mixer except for the milk. Mix well.
- Add the milk, one tablespoon at a time until the mixture drops off the spoon, but isn’t runny.
- Divide between two tins and bake for 20 mins or until a skewer inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean.
- [Custard filling] : Add custard powder with hot water.
- Mix icing sugar and custard paste with butter.
- Once the two cakes have cooled, spread this mix between the two cakes.
- [Chocolate ganache] : Combine sugar, syrup and water in a saucepan over a low-medium heat until dissolved.
- Add the chocolate. Stir till the chocolate melts.
- Allow to cool before drizzling over the cake.
- [Crumble topping] : Put all ingredients into heat proof dish and rub them using your fingertips. Rub until they come together in an even, crumb-like consistency.
- Spread this mixture evenly on the bottom of the dish and bake for 15 min in 200 degrees Celcius.
- From time to time open the oven and shake the crumble or break with fork so it will be easy to sprinkle over cake top.
- Remove from oven, set aside to cool down.
- Once the cake is ready and the ganache has been drizzled over the cake, then sprinkle the crumble over the cake.
You may also like