This recipe is best with
- 700g cauliflower, cut into florets
- 200g self-raising flour
- 1 tbsp rice flour
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt or to taste
- 1 tbsp chopped garlic
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander
- 2 tbsp chopped spring onion
- 1 tbsp chopped red chilli
- 2 tbsp grated parmesan cheese
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Bring a saucepan of salted water to a boil, then add cauliflower. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until tender. Drain and soak cauliflower in ice-cold water for a while.
- Drain from the ice-cold water, then chop cauliflower roughly. Add cauliflower into combined flour mixture.
- Add garlic, coriander, onion, chilli and cheese. Stir to combine. Pour the beaten egg over and stir until well combined. Gradually add in 50-60ml water. Stir into a very thick batter. (If it is too dry, add a little more water.)
- Heat oil in a wok, spoon in a tablespoon of mixture into the hot oil. Do not over-crowd the wok. Fry for 4-5 minutes on each side or until golden and cooked through. Dish out and drain. Serve the fritters with chilli sauce.