- 600g tilapia
- Oil for deep-frying
- Seasoning ingredients
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 1½ tbsp cornflour
- 1 tbsp chopped garlic
- 1 red chilli, seeded and chopped
- 1 stalk spring onion, chopped
- 1 sprig coriander leaves, chopped
- Sauce ingredients (combined)
- 3 tbsp fish sauce
- 3½ tbsp freshly-squeezed lemon juice
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- Make diagonal cuts on each side of the fish. Rub both sides with combined seasoning ingredients.
- Heat oil in a wok until very hot. Place fish in wok and deep-fry until fish is cooked and golden. Remove and place on a serving dish.
- Combine garlic, chilli and sauce ingredients in a small mixing bowl. Pour the sauce over the fish. Garnish with chopped spring onion and coriander leaves before serving.