- Sieve the flour into a mixing bowl. Add baking powder, sugar and water and mix well. Knead dough until smooth.
- To make custard paste: Place melted butter, sugar, flour, custard powder and corn flour into a container and mix well.
- Add eggs and continue mixing.
- Pour in coconut milk, evaporated milk, condensed milk, water, vanilla essence and blend well to obtain a smooth texture.
- Steam the mixture for an hour. Whisk it every 15 minutes while steaming.
- To make custard buns: Cut dough into small pieces about 25g each and shape them into balls.
- Flatten dough with the palm of your hand and place a teaspoonful of custard paste in the middle of the flattened dough. Cover the paste with the dough and shape into a ball again.
- Heat oil to about 175 ºC and then deep-fry the custard buns until golden brown.
You may also like