- Combine filling ingredients (A) and seasoning in a mixing bowl. Stir and mix until it has a sticky texture.
- Slice each piece of beancurd into 3 thin layers. Place a layer of beancurd on a piece of plastic sheet.
- Lightly sprinkle with cornflour.
- Spread on a thin layer of filling. Top with another layer of beancurd.
- Repeat this procedure once more. Do the same with the remaining beancurd.
- Combine batter ingredients together to make a runny batter.
- Brush the top layer of the prepared layered beancurd with a coat of batter.
- Deep-fry the layered beancurd over low heat until filling is cooked.
- Remove and refry again over high heat till beancurd is golden brown. Serve at once.
You may also like