Craving for some comfort food? Try out this Deep-fried minced seafood wrapped in Pandan Leaf! It is one of the Malaysian favorite dishes!
- 150g prawns, shelled and minced
- 100g cooked crab meat
- 1 mackerel fish (ikan kembung), steamed and flaked
- 1 tbsp chopped coriander
- Screwpine leaves or pandan leaves for wrapping
- Spices (A) - (combined)
- 2 tbsp chilli paste
- 1 tbsp fish curry powder
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- 1 tsp grated galangal
- Seasoning (B)
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- 1 tsp sugar
- ½ tsp pepper
- ½ tsp chicken stock granules
- Salt to taste
- Combine prawns, crab meat, fish and chopped coriander with spices (A) and seasoning (B). Mix thoroughly and set aside.
- Fold one end of a screwpine leaf into a cone. Fill up with a heaped tablespoon of marinated seafood mixture. Tuck in the end of the leaf through the loop to secure the parcel. This makes a neat triangle.
- Deep-fry the parcels in hot oil until cooked. Drain the parcels from oil and serve immediately.