Ingredients is not available.
- To prepare the filling: Portion out the lotus paste or red bean paste into small balls of about 5g each.
- Put sifted dried ingredients, salt and sugar in a mixing bowl. Pour in the milk and stir in the melted margarine or butter to mix into a soft dough.
- Divide the dough into portions of 2530g each and wrap around a small ball of filling. Shape into a neat round ball. Dip the ball lightly in water, then dip into the sesame seeds to coat all over. Press the sesame seeds tightly around. Heat enough oil in a wok and slide in the sesame balls.
- Deep-fry the balls over a gentle low heat, stirring frequently until they turn lightly golden.
- Remove the sesame seed balls and drain them well on absorbent paper towels.