This recipe is best with
- 125g butter
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- 150g soft brown sugar
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 220g plain flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 50g dark chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 50g white chocolate, coarsely chopped
- Preheat oven at 180°C.
- Beat butter, essence and sugar until pale and creamy. Gradually add in the egg, beating well after the addition.
- Sift plain flour and baking powder together, and add to the egg mixture. Beat until a smooth dough is formed. Add all the chocolate. Mix until well combined.
- Press the cookie dough into a 0.5cm-thick rectangle on a lightly greased baking tray lined with nonstick baking paper.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden. Leave to cool slightly in baking tray. Cut into squares before transferring to a wire rack to cool.