- 650g duck, chopped into large pieces
- 900ml boiling water
- Some wantan noodles, scalded, if preferred
- Salt to taste
- 10g tong sum
- 7g tong kwai
- 4g hairs of ginseng roots (yong sum soe)
- 1 tbsp kei chi
- 5 red Chinese red dates, seeded
- Rinse herbs and place in a double-boiler. Add duck and boiling water. Cover and cook for 1-1½ hours. Adjust with salt to taste.
- Place some scalded wantan noodles in 2-3 individual serving bowls. Scoop duck meat and soup over.
- You can also serve the soup without the noodles.