- Put a bit of olive oil and lightly fry shallots and garlic under low heat. Add vegetable stock, fresh tomato, orange juice, saffron, lime leaf and lemongrass. Reduce for 40 minutes. Strain the stock.
- Cut all the vegetables into small pieces. Lightly fry in butter and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Season the dover sole (white fish) fillets with salt and pepper to taste. Steam for one minute or until ready. Arrange the fillets on plates.
- Mix the vegetables with the vegetable stock flavoured with pistou and a small cube of butter for flavour. Pour over the fish and serve with fresh herbs and croutons.
- Serve the dish with anchois aioli (a mediterranean-inspired mayonnaise) and pistou (a variation of pesto.
- To make Anchois Aioli: Mix ingredients together except olive oil. When well blended, stir in olive oil with a whisk.
To make Pistou: Place all ingredients for pistou in a food processor and blend to a smooth puree.