- Place egg yolks and egg whites into different mixing bowls. Sift the self-raising flour and cornflour together twice.
- Combine the egg yolks with the corn oil, essence, dragon fruit puree and sifted flours. Add half the sugar and whisk until thick and smooth. Set aside.
- Whisk egg whites, cream of tartar and remaining sugar until stiff but not dry.
- Carefully fold the egg yolk mixture into the egg whites until well mixed.
- Turn the batter into a 20cm ungreased chiffon tube pan. Bake in a preheated oven at 160°C for 30-35 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the centre of the cake comes out clean.
- Remove cake from the oven and invert pan immediately and leave to cool completely. To remove cake from the pan, run a palette knife around the sides of the pan.
You may also like