- To prepare jelly egg yolk: Combine water, sugar and agar-agar powder in a small saucepan and bring to a boil until sugar dissolves. Add evaporated milk. Stir and bring to a boil.
- Pour jelly mixture into a ball ice-cube tray. Cover the tray and place a heavy object over to keep the cover in place. Leave to set completely. When set, loosen the balls of jelly and keep aside.
- For the cheese filling: Combine fresh cream, UHT milk, cream cheese, egg yolks and lemon juice in a bowl. Lightly beat up with a hand whisk.
- Bring water, sugar and agar-agar powder to a boil until sugar has dissolved. Stir in the cream cheese mixture to mix.
- Remove mixture from heat once the mixture starts to bubble. Pour mixture into round tart moulds.
- Drop a jelly yolk in the centre of each mould and leave to set completely.
- To prepare marble jelly skin: Combine ingredients (C) together and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and add in coconut milk and evaporated milk and salt. Stir well to mix.
- Divide mixture into three equal portions. Mix red dragon fruit puree with one portion and mix white dragon fruit puree to the other two portions.
- To assemble the mooncake: Pour a 1/2 cm layer of white jelly mixture into a plastic mould and leave aside for 10 seconds.
- Scoop a tablespoon of the red portion of the jelly mixture and gradually pour into the white portion to create a marble effect.
- Place a prepared cream cheese filling in the centre of mould and top up with a mixture of marble jelly skin mixture (white and red portions).
- Leave aside to set completely before chilling in the refrigerator for 30–35 minutes.
- Loosen the jelly mooncake from mould when set, and keep refrigerated until ready to serve.
You may also like