- Put chicken, ginger and spring onion in a deep pot. Add enough hot water to cover everything. Cover the pot with a lid and bring to a boil for 20-25 minutes.
- Fill a basin with enough cold water.
- Put in 1 tablespoon salt. Transfer the chicken straight from the boiling stock to the basin of cold water but retain the stock for use later. Leave chicken in the basin until it turns cold.
- Remove ginger and spring onion from the chicken stock. Add remaining salt and wine. Stir to mix then leave aside to cool.
- Put the chicken into the wine stock (this is to allow the chicken to absorb the wine flavour.) Leave the chicken to soak for at least 7-8 hours.
- Drain chicken until completely dry in a colander then cut it into bite-sized pieces. Serve with garnishing.
You may also like