- Sprinkle turmeric powder and salt onto the tempe slices. Deep-fry them in hot oil until golden brown and crispy.
- Remove and drain on absorbent kitchen paper towels.
- Heat oil in a wok or pan and fry shallots until fragrant. Add in both red and green chillies and fry for 1 minute.
- Add in the rest of the ingredients except the tempe. Cook for 45 minutes over a gentle low heat until gravy turns fragrant.
- Return the tempe pieces into the wok or pan and stir gently (without breaking the tempe) until well blended or coated with gravy.
- Dish out and serve.
You may also like