- 400 g duck (chopped)
- 450 g pig's tail (chopped)
- 150 g preserved salted radish (tai tou choy)
- 250 g Chinese yam (fresh wai sun)
- 20 g black soya beans
- 5 seeded red dates
- 2 litres hot water
- salt and sugar to taste
- Blanch duck and pig's tail separately in boiling water for 4-5 minutes. Wash the preserved salted radish well, then soak in water to reduce the saltiness. Cut into sections. Cut Chinese yam on the slant into thick slices.
- Combine all ingredients and hot water into a large saucepot. Cook to a simmering boil for an hour or until meat is tender. Adjust with seasoning to taste.