Ingredients is not available.
- Wash the rice and leave it to soak for 45 minutes in about 1 litre of water.
- Heat the oil in a claypot and add the onions, garlic, ginger and chillies. Sauté until lightly browned. Add the chopped tomatoes, dry masala, salt and yoghurt. Stir for 10 minutes over a low flame. Add chicken and potato halves to the mixture and allow it to cook for 15 minutes.
- Drain the rice, and add to the mixture. Pour in the water and add the saffron. Stir mixture until there is only 1cm of water remaining above the rice.
- Now add the spice mix, butter, coriander leaves and rose water.
- Roll the dough into a long strip and line the rim of the pot cover with the dough. Place the cover on the pot to seal it completely.
- Reduce the heat to the lowest setting and cook for 12-15 minutes. Set aside for about 5 minutes before opening the lid. Serve immediately, garnished with mint, etc.