- Short Crust Pastry
- 6 apples
- 50gm sugar
- 1 tsp mixed spice
- Using a detachable flan based tin, line the flan tin with the short crust pastry.
- In a saucepan, place 4 skinned and cored apples to stew.
- Puree the apples and line the base of the pastry.
- Sprinkle the pureed apples with mixed spice.
- Core and peel the remaining apples and cut lengthwise in even slices.
- Arrange over the top of the pureed apples.
- Sprinkle with sugar and bake in a moderate oven for about 30 mins or till brown.
- Serve hot or cold with cream or ice cream.