- Grease sides and line the base of a 16cm square cake pan with greased baking paper. Sift together the self-raising flour, baking powder and bicarbonate of soda; set aside.
- Cream margarine or butter, orange rind, sugar and vanilla essence until light and fluffy. Combine milk and orange juice and beat in alternately with sifted dry ingredients until well combined.
- Turn mixture into the prepared pan and level the surface. Sprinkle the top with almond nibs.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 175°C for 50 minutes until the surface is golden brown and cake is cooked through when tested with a skewer.
- Cool the cake in the pan for 10-15 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
You may also like