- ½ bowl plain flour
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 2 eggs
- 1 bowl breadcrumbs
- Before you begin, you have to arrange the ingredients that you need in the correct order.
- First, pour the flour onto a large plate, then add salt and pepper. Stir to mix.
- Break the eggs in a bowl and lightly beat using a fork.
- The breadcrumbs go on another plate.
- Use one hand to dip the fish fillet in the flour, then shake off excess. Use the other hand to dip the floured fillet in the egg. Make sure that the fish fillet is completely covered in egg. Drain off excess egg.
- Transfer the fish fillet to the breadcrumbs and press firmly to coat on both sides. Place the crumbed fish fillet in a single layer on a large plate. Cover with a piece of cling film wrap and place in the refrigerator for 15-20 minutes to allow it to rest before frying. This will help the crumb coating stick to the fish during deep-frying.