- Wash and clean the fish and set aside.
- Boil the water and add tamarind skin, chilli powder, turmeric and salt.
- Steam the fish until it is cooked for 7-8 minutes in slow heat, then strain and set aside.
- To make the air assam sauce, combine the tamarind juice, shrimp paste, kasturi lime juice and sugar in a mixing bowl and season with salt.
- Once air assam juice is completed, add in the red onion, red chilli, green chilli, cili padi and tomato and leave it aside for 10 minutes and frequently stir.
- Take the fish and arrange tem on a plate and then pour in the air assam.
- Garnish with kasturi lime wedges.
You may also like