The Pepper and Salt Fried Fish Head is a quick and tasty dish.
Kuali would like to get to know you more – please do spend 10 secs to let us know your thoughts below!
- 700 g fish head (kurau or red snapper)
- 1/2 cup tapioca flour (mixed with 1/2tsp salt)
- Aromatic Garnish
- 1 tbsp garlic (chopped)
- 1 tbsp red chilli (chopped)
- 2 tbsp spring onion (chopped)
- 1 tsp five-spice powder
- 1 tbsp caster sugar
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Rinse the fish head, cut into pieces and pat dry.
- Coat fish head pieces in the tapioca flour mix.
- Heat enough oil for deep frying in a wok. When hot, deep-fry the fish head over high heat until cooked, golden brown and crispy. Drain on paper towels and set aside.
- Remove most of the oil, leaving just 2 tablespoons oil in the wok.
- Add in the aromatic garnish and stir-fry briefly over medium heat until fragrant.
- Add the prefried fish head and seasoning. Stir-fry briskly over high heat until well combined.
- Dish out and serve.
2 thoughts on “Pepper and Salt Fried Fish Head”
Black or white pepper
It’s black pepper.
The Kuali Team