- 1 large squid, about 500g
- 2 tbsp taucheo, beans and liquid
- 2 stalks of coriander, leaves and stem
- Remove the head and skin of the squid. Cut out the eyes and the ink bag. Wash the head, tentacles and body of the squid well. Put the squid with the head and tentacles on a plate and steam for 4-5 minutes.
- Wash the stalks of coriander, then roughly chop the leaves and stems. Put the taucheo in a small bowl.
- Once the squid is steamed, use a fork or chopsticks to remove the squid from the plate, draining the juices into a bowl. Do be careful as the squid cavity contains some very hot juices released by the squid.
- Slice the body into rings, cut the tentacles into shorter lengths and the head into quarters.
- Return the cut squids to the plate, pour the squid juice over, top with the chopped coriander and serve at once with the taucheo.