Squid is fast to cook and has its own special chewy characteristics.
- 1 dried squid(jiu hu or yau yi), presoaked
- 1 onion shredded
- 50 g green mango shredded
- 30 g carrot,shredded
- 1 sprig coriander leaves chopped
- 3 in dried chillies fried in oil until crisp and crushed (optional)
- Seasoning (combined)
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1 red chilli chopped or sliced
- 3 bird’s eye chilies chopped or sliced
- 1 stalk lemongrass finely sliced
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 1/2 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 TBSP sugar to taste
- Score the inner part of the pre-soaked dried squid to form criss-cross patterns. Blanch it in boiling water for 1 minute; dish out and drain. Cut into bite sizes.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the seasoning ingredients and mix well, seasoning to taste.
- Add in the squid, onion, mango, carrot and coriander. Toss to mix well. Serve sprinkled with crushed dried chilli.