- Place fish fillet pieces neatly in an oven-proof dish. Sprinkle with salt and pepper then pour milk over and add the lemon juice and butter.
- Cover dish with aluminium foil and bake in a preheated oven at 180 ºC for 15 minutes. Remove dish from oven; reserve the liquid for use later and flake the fish.
- [For the sauce: ]Put butter in a saucepan and melt over very low heat. When butter has melted, sift in flour and cook for about a minute. Remove saucepan from heat and stir in milk gradually.
- Add the reserved liquid, then bring the saucepan over medium-low heat and bring contents to a boil to thicken the sauce. Keep stirring to prevent the sauce from getting burnt.
- Return flaked fish to the sauce and add sliced egg, capers, parsley, cilipadi, prawns and clams. Pour mixture into the oven-proof dish.
- [For the topping: ]Combine the mashed potatoes with the butter and sour cream or yoghurt and mix well. Spoon potato mixture over the fish mixture. Add a dash of ground black pepper.
- Bake at 180 ºC for about 15 to 20 minutes. Serve this pie hot.
You may also like