Ingredients is not available.
- Blend golden syrup, oil, alkaline water and bicarbonate of soda with 1 tsp of flour. Use a spoon to stir until well mixed. Leave aside for several hours. Sift the remaining flour into a mixing bowl and make a well in the centre. Add in the combined syrup mixture. Knead into a soft dough. Leave aside covered for 30 minutes. Divide into small portions of 40g each.
- Take a portion of dough. Roll out into a thin circular piece and wrap around a ball of filling, making sure that the filling is completely sealed in.
- Dust mooncake mould with flour; gently tap out excess flour, then place the filled dough into the mould. Press gently into the spaces. Knock the sides of the mould gently to release the cake. Place the mooncake on a greased baking tray.
- Bake in preheated oven at 180°C for 10 minutes. Remove the tray and leave aside for 5-10 minutes, then brush with egg glaze. Return to the oven and continue to bake for a further 10-15 minutes or until golden brown.
- To prepare the filling: Combine all the nuts and fruits in a mixing bowl. Stir in sugar, barbecued meat, oil, water, rose jam and golden syrup to mix. Leave aside for an hour. Add kao fun, salt and brandy (if using); mix well together. Weigh out 120g portions and form into a ball.