Soft and crumbly, these flaky pandan mooncake biscuits are the perfect snack or gift for pandan lovers.
This recipe was first published in Flavours magazine.
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Mooncake
- Prosperity Mooncake Biscuit
- Bunny Mooncake Biscuit
- Piggy Mooncake Biscuit
- Dried Shrimp Mooncake Biscuit
- Green Tea Mooncake Biscuit
- Ginger Mooncake Biscuit
- 450 g pandan lotus paste
- 35 g sunflower seeds (toasted)
- Water dough
- 40 g margarine
- 20 g icing sugar
- 150 g flour (sifted)
- 60 ml water
- Oil dough
- 80 g flour (sifted)
- 30 g margarine
- 15 ml palm oil
- 1/8 tsp salt
- Mix ingredients; divide into 50g portions.
- Combine margarine and sugar; add flour and water, and mix to a dough. Knead, cover with tea towel, and rest 10 minutes.
- Combine all ingredients to form a soft dough. Divide into 8 equal portions.
- Roll water dough out into a long sausage. Cut into 8 and flatten each into a circle. Place oil dough in the centre and wrap water dough around it. Flatten and roll out into a long rectangle, then roll up like a Swiss roll. Flatten again into a rectangle, then roll up again.
- Flatten into a 12cm circle and place a ball of filling in the centre. Wrap dough around filling, twist to seal, and pinch away excess dough. Shape into a ball, flatten slightly, and place on a greased baking tray. Stamp with red colouring.
- Pre-heat oven at 180ºC. Bake till light brown, about 20 to 25 minutes. Cool before storing.