This recipe is best with
- Pastry (A) - oil dough
- 100g butter, melted
- 100g low-protein flour
- Pinch of salt
- Pastry (B) - water dough
- 30ml cooking oil or melted lard if preferred
- 30ml water
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 egg yolk
- 100ml low-protein flour
- For the pastry: Sift flour (A) into a bowl; add salt to mix. Add melted butter and mix into a soft dough. Wrap in cling film and set aside.
- Mix oil (or lard), water and salt in a mixing bowl for the water dough. Add egg yolk to mix. Then sift in flour and mix well to form a soft dough.
- Roll out pastry (B) in between plastic sheets into a rectangular piece. Roll out pastry (A) into a rectangular piece as well.
- Place pastry (A) on pastry (B). Fold across into four layers. Roll out then repeat the step of folding again. This time fold across into three layers. Do this twice.
- Roll out the dough into a rectangular shape. Roll up like a Swiss roll and cut into 1.5-2cm thick slices. Roll out into a flat circle and line a tart mould. Press down slightly and trim the edges. Prick the bottom with a fork. Use this as a tart casing.