- 1 kampong chicken, chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 1 whole bulb garlic, peeled
- 150g old ginger, shredded
- 4-5 tbsp sesame oil
- 3 tbsp Chinese red wine dregs
- 3 tbsp Chinese white rice wine (mei gui loe)
- 200ml water or stock
- 2-3 tbsp light soy sauce
- Heat sesame oil in a wok and fry ginger and garlic until aromatic. Add chicken and continue to sear until chicken is lightly brown.
- Add wine and stir through until fragrant. Add wine dregs and fry for a while.
- Add water or stock and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer until chicken is cooked. Add light soy sauce and simmer for 4-5 minutes.
- Serve hot.