My foolproof recipe Roast Herb Chicken
- 1 whole chicken cleaned & gutted
- 1 onion quartered
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1 lemon, halved
- 1 handful of 3 different herbs (sage, basil and parsley)
- 60 ml of cooking oil
- Salt & Pepper
- First, clean and pat the chicken dry with paper towels.
- Rub salt all over the chicken as well as the cavity.
- Stuff the cavity of the chicken with the quartered onion, garlic and lemon.Set chicken aside.
- Chop up all the herbs finely, put the chopped herbs in a bowl and pour in the cooking oil
- Season the herbs with salt and pepper. Stir to mix.
- Massage the herb oil all over the chicken. If there’s any leftover herb, feel free to stuff them into the cavity.
- Set pre-heated oven at 230 degrees celcius for 1 hour to 1 hour 15 minutes and put the chicken into the oven
- Roast herb chicken nicely done. Serve with assortment of roast vegetables