Check out Chef Amy Beh’s fragrant lemongrass prawns recipe. You’re in for a treat with three hearty recipes with big, big flavors.
This recipe was first published in Amy Beh’s column, Cook’s Nook.
This recipe is best with
- cornflour, for sprinkling
- 400g medium-large prawns, well trimmed
- 2tbsp butter
- 2tbsp oil
- 2 pandan leaves, finely shredded
- 2 kaffir lime leaves, finely shredded
- 1sprig curry leaves
- 1stalk lemongrass, finely sliced
- 2 bird’s eye chillies, sliced
- 2tbsp quick cooking oats
- 1/2tsp chicken stock powder
- 1tbsp fish sauce
- 2tbsp sugar, or to taste
- Sprinkle a little cornflour over the prawns. Heat enough oil in a wok and deepfry prawns until just cooked. Dish out and drain well.
- Heat a clean wok and add in butter and oil. Stir-fry shredded pandan and kaffir lime leaves, curry leaves, lemongrass, and bird’s eye chillies until aromatic.
- Add in oats, seasoning and prawns. Toss, and fry briskly until fragrant and well combined. Dish out and serve hot.
- Interested in cooking? Download Kuali app to get recipes at your fingertips.