- 500g fresh clams
- 2tbsp shredded ginger
- 1tbsp chopped garlic
- 5-6 bird’s eye chillies,bruised
- 1tsp sesame oil
- 1tsp oil
- 750ml water
- 3tbsp Shao Hsing Hua Tiau wine (optional)
- Soak clams in salted water for 30 minutes. Rinse thoroughly to remove any grit and sand. Drain well.
- Heat oil and sesame oil and fry garlic, ginger and bird's eye chillies until fragrant.
- Pour in water, cover and simmer for 2-3 minutes. Add seasoning ingredients and clams. Add wine (optional) last, then thicken soup with cornflour mixture.