- To prepare the sponge, mix flour, yeast and water together on slow speed for 5 minutes.
- Ferment for 3 hours until dough is about 3 times the original size.
- Place sponge together with the rest of the ingredients into a mixing bowl.
- Mix on slow speed for 2 minutes and medium speed for 12 15 minutes until dough is fully developed.
- Rest the dough for 10 minutes and scale 4 pieces at 425g each.
- Mould round and leave on floured bench for 10 minutes.
- Mould into round or oval shape and dust the surface with rye flour.
- Prove for 1 hour to 1 1/2 hours until dough doubles in size and make several cuts on the surface.
- Set in oven with steam at 230°C for 25 minutes. (Remove steam after 20 minutes.)
You may also like