These golden and crispy squid rings make an excellent appetizer and are perfect for dipping in Sos Cili Manis Perisa Thai!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 6 cups vegetable oil for frying
- 12 oz frozen calamari rings (thawed and drained)
- salt to taste
- DIP AND GARNISHING:
- 2 tbsps Salam Sos Cili Manis Perisa Thai (as dipping sauce)
- 1 lemon (quartered)
- Mix flour, salt, paprika and black pepper together in a shallow bowl. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a deep-fryer or large saucepan to 190 degrees Celsius.
- Press calamari rings into the flour mixture until evenly coated, shaking off excess flour.
- Working in batches, fry calamari rings in hot oil for 3 to 4 minutes until golden brown. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate; sprinkle with salt.
- Serve with Salam Sos Cili Manis Perisa Thai.