The original article was first published on The Star Online. Read the full article here.
- 4 tbsp vegetable oil
- 500g cooked ketupat nasi (rice cakes), cut into 2cm cubes
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp chopped preserved radish
- 2 tsp chilli paste or sambal belacan
- 1 tbsp dark soy sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2-3 eggs
- 200g bean sprouts
- 100g chives or green dragon vegetable, cut into 3cm lengths
- Heat oil in a wok. Add the cubes of ketupat and fry for a few minutes until lightly brown. Add the garlic and preserved radish and sauté for a minute.
- Stir in chilli paste/sambal belacan and a splash of water. Add dark soy sauce, salt and pepper, and stir to combine.
- Push rice cubes to the side of the pan. Add eggs and allow the bottom to set slightly, 15 seconds. Toss rice cubes with the eggs.
- Add bean sprouts and chives. Stir fry for another minute. Plate up and serve immediately.