- 175g transparent vermicelli, soaked to soften and drained
- 1 tsp chopped garlic
- 20g ginger, sliced
- 300g medium large water prawns, with shells
- 5 short stalks mustard greens (sawi), cut into 6cm lengths
- 4 tbsp sesame oil
- 300ml chicken stock
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tsp chicken stock granules
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp Shao Hsing wine
- 1/2 tsp thick soy sauce
- Cut prawns through into halves.
- Heat sesame oil in a wok and sauté ginger and garlic until fragrant. Place prawns with the shells in the base of the wok. Pour in stock and add seasoning. Allow the stock to come to a quick boil. Once cooked, remove prawns and set aside.
- Add transparent vermicelli to the stock in the wok and toss well. Put in mustard greens and simmer until mixture is almost dry. Dish out onto a serving plate and place prawns on top.
- Serve immediately.