- 150g fresh ripe pineapple, coarsely chopped
- 75g young ginger
- 150g red chillies
- 5 bird's eye chillies
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 sour plums (suen mooi), seeds removed
- ½-¾ tsp salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2-3 tbsp sesame oil
- 50ml freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Put pineapple, ginger, chillies, both chillies, garlic and sour plums into a food processor. Process on pulse until the consistency required.
- Adjust with seasoning to taste. This tangy and fragrant sauce can be used with meat, fish or vegetable fritters.