- Beancurd skin (2-3 sheets)
- Barley (1 1/2 cup)
- Pandan Leaves (approx 12 leaves, tied into a knot)
- Rock sugar
- 1 egg
- 100g gingko nuts
- Shell the gingko nuts. To remove skin, boil in water for approx. 10min. Then wash the nuts in cold water to remove the skin. Remove the centre of the nuts, using a toothpick.
- Boil the barley with the pandan leaves. Simmer over low heat for 40min, till barley is cooked. Remove part of the barley.
- Add sugar to taste. Add gingko nuts. Simmer for 10 min.
- Stir in the beancurd skin (broken into pieces) and egg, 2 min before serving.