Ingredients is not available.
- Combine butter, milk and black treacle in a non-stick saucepan. Heat over low fire until butter melts.
- Sift flour and cinnamon powder into a mixing bowl. Beat eggs, egg yolk, brown sugar and essence until creamy and thick.
- Add ginger juice and lemon rind, and stir in butter and treacle mixture and mix until well blended. Stir in flour.
- Pour batter into a lightly greased loaf tin and bake in a preheated oven at 180°C for 1 hour or 1 hour and 15-20 minutes or until cooked through.
- Cool the ginger bread slightly before turning out onto a wire rack.