- To prepare the caramel, combine ginger juice, water and sugar in a small saucepan.
- Slowly bring to a boil over low heat without stirring until the syrup turns golden brown. Pour the caramel into small ceramic moulds and set aside.
- Prepare the crème pudding by whisking eggs, sugar and ginger juice until the sugar is dissolved. Combine whipping cream and milk in a saucepan.
- Bring to a boil over a low heat. Pour into the egg mixture and stir gradually to blend.
- Strain mixture straight into the prepared individual pudding moulds. Place the moulds in a roasting tin.
- Pour enough boiling water so that it comes halfway up the sides of the moulds. Bake at 175180°C for 2530 minutes or until the custard is just set.
- When thoroughly cold, loosen the edges of the crème caramel pudding with your fingers, shake firmly to loosen and turn out onto a flat plate.
- Pour any remaining caramel on the puddings.
You may also like