- 200g mature ginger, skinned and cubed
- 3 cloves garlic, smashed
- 60ml water
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp Shao Hsing Hua Tiau wine
- Combine ginger, garlic and water in a food processor. Blend into a puree.
- Heat oil and sesame oil in a saucepan. Pour in ginger puree. Add salt and sugar and bring to a simmering boil. Cook for 1-2 minutes. Add cooking wine.
- Dish out and leave to cool completely before storing sauce in a clean glass jar. Keep chilled in the refrigerator and use as required.