This recipe is best with
- 175g butter
- 1/2 cup golden syrup
- 120g brown sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 eggs
- 60g glaced ginger, finely chopped
- Sift together:
- 175g flour
- 175g self-raising flour
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- Grease lightly a ceramic pudding mould with melted butter. Line the base with baking paper; grease the paper.
- Combine butter, sugar, golden syrup, honey and water in a deep saucepan over a low heat. Bring to a low boil, then remove from heat. Set aside to cool.
- Beat the eggs lightly and stir into butter mixture. Stir in sifted dry ingredients and chopped ginger.
- Blend well. Spoon the mixture into the prepared mould. Cover with greased foil, shiny-side up. Secure with string.
- Place mould on a trivet (metal stand with short legs) in a large, deep pan. Pour boiling water down the side of the pan to come halfway up the side of the mould. Steam over boiling water for two hours or until pudding is firm.